Let MPHA help you realize your dream of homeownership.
MTW PUBLIC HOUSING LEASE-TO-OWN PROGRAM
Candidates must be public housing eligible, have household income at or below 80% of AMI, and agree to actively participate in counseling services, while leasing a select two-bedroom public housing town home in Heritage Park. Candidates must demonstrate that they can qualify for an MPHA-approved mortgage loan within three years, and purchase the town home within five years. Rent incentives and matched savings programs may assist with down payment and closing costs when the family is able to purchase the home. These units are new town houses, constructed in 2006.
MPHA is accepting pre-applications for this initiative on a first come, first served basis. The waiting list will close once the Townhomes are rented but may be reopened if vacancies occur.
This pre-application process does not permit access to any other MPHA affordable housing program.
To meet the Minimum Criteria the Pre-applicant Family must:
- Have one to four family members for these 2-bedroom townhome units;
- Be a first time homebuyer;
- Have an income of $25,500/year;
- Have reasonable credit;
- Be currently employed and continuously employed at the firm or doing the same or similar work for the previous two year period. This requirement may be waived for an elderly or disabled applicant who has sufficient income to qualify for purchasing financing;
- Be able to pay minimum rent and utilities in the amount of $869/month; and
- Have the capacity to qualify for financing and to purchase the townhome within five years.
Interested in our MTW Lease-to-Own Program?
To request a pre-application packet by mail, call the Lease-to-Own hotline at (612) 342-1229
and leave your name, address, and telephone number.
Or print and mail your completed pre-application to the following address:
MINNEAPOLIS PUBLIC HOUSING AUTHORITY
1001 Washington Avenue North, Suite #201
Minneapolis, MN 55401
Attn: Janice Hughes
For more information about MPHA’s Moving To Work Lease-to-Own Program, please contact:
Or use our Agency Contact Form