Once you have found a position you would like to apply for (view our Employment Opportunities page for current listings), you have multiple options available to file an application with the Human Resources department.
- Download a fill-in enabled PDF version of our application from this website. This application form can be filled-in online, then printed. Mail your completed application to the address below or drop off your application in person.
Minneapolis Public Housing Authority
Attn: Human Resources
1001 Washington Ave. N.
Minneapolis, MN 55401-1043
- Call the Human Resources department at 612-342-1442 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, to request that an application be mailed to your home. When leaving a voicemail message or sending an email, be sure to include your full name, address, and the title and job number of the position you are interested in. Your completed application form can be mailed or dropped off at our central office at 1001 Washington Ave. N.
- Stop by our office at 1001 Washington Ave. N. to pick up an application form in person. You can fill out the application in our offices, mail the form, or bring the form in at a later date.
When completing the application form, be sure to follow directions carefully and answer all questions. Complete and return all applicable inserts included with your application. Remember to sign and date the application. Also, please provide copies of all certificates and/or degrees that you have listed on your application.
Your application must be received by the Human Resources Department by 4:30 pm on the closing date if one is listed for a particular position.
The MPHA Hiring Process
All applicants will receive a postcard acknowledging receipt of their application. After the position closes, applications are reviewed. We will determine if your work experience and qualifications match the job for which you have applied.
Generally, a series of two interviews will be conducted for each vacant position. The first interview will be with the Human Resources Department. Please note that not all applicants for a position will be interviewed.
- Certain positions require testing for skills related to the job. If you are selected to take the tests, you will be notified by mail. Upon successful completion of the tests, you may be scheduled for an interview .
- If the position does not require testing and you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted by phone.
- After first interviews are complete, we will send applications of select candidates to the hiring supervisor, who determines which candidates will receive a second interview. The hiring supervisor will contact you by phone if you are selected for a second interview. Certain positions may require additional software testing for final candidates after second interviews.
We appreciate your assistance and patience in this process.