MPHA will open its Public Housing Family Waiting List for 3, 4, and 5 bedroom units
The Minneapolis Public Housing Authority (MPHA) will be accepting applications for families that qualify for a three bedroom or larger unit on the third Wednesday of each month from 7:00 a.m. (CST) until 10:00 p.m. (CST) until further notice. Waitlist Applications must be submitted online during this time period. MPHA will not accept paper applications. The link below will not take you to the application site until 7:00 a.m. on the scheduled date.
MPHA will be taking applications for 3, 4, and 5 bedroom units the third Wednesday of each month until further notice.
Currently the MPHA Low Income Public Housing program is taking applications for the following; Disabled or Elderly (50 years or older).
Seniors - If you are a senior, 62 years of age or older, you do not need to complete a pre-application. You should come to 1001 Washington Avenue North from 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. on Mon.-Wed.-Fri. and complete an application form. You will need to bring the information listed below. Once you have completed the application you will be seen by an intake worker.
Disabled – If you are disabled. You must provide proof of your disability such as receiving Social Security Income or Social Security Disability Income. If you are applying as a disabled individual and are not receiving SSI Disability Income you must provide a Request for Medical Information Form completed by your physician and this must accompany your pre-application. You must also be the Head of Household or Co-head of Household.
Near Elderly – If you are between the ages of 50 and 62 years of age.
Completing the Pre-application Form should take no more than 30 minutes if you gather all of the required information ahead of time. Please be prepared to provide the following:
- A current mailing address and telephone number where you can be reached
- Names of the Head of Household/Co-Head of Household
- Social Security numbers for each applicant household member
- Dates of birth for each applicant household member (birth certificate)
- The sex (male/female) of each applicant household member
- The race and ethnicity of each applicant household member
- Whether anyone in household is handicapped or disabled
- The primary language of the head of household
- The current living situation (ie: “homeless” or “not homeless”) of the head of household
- Value of all household assets (ie: bank accounts, investments, real estate, etc.)
- Total monthly income of the household (includes all household members)
- Source of all income (wages, pensions, TANF, and other sources)
Once you have completed the application, print it off and bring the application to:
Minneapolis Public Housing Authority
1001 Washington Avenue North
Minneapolis, MN 55401
Monday, Wednesday or Friday – 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Upon receipt of the pre-application an Intake worker will review the pre-application and make a determination whether it is complete.
If you are deemed eligible to apply your application will be placed on the wait list for Low Income Public Housing. Your placement into a unit will be conditional on the approval of your full application; criminal background screening, preference points, rental housing references and availability of units.
If you are not deemed eligible, you will be allowed the opportunity to provide more information to show that you are eligible. If that information is not sufficient, your application will be denied and you may contest the denial by requesting an appeal.
MPHA’s online pre-application allows you to apply for Low Income Public Housing programs when waiting lists are open. Download pre-application
This allows the applicant to provide new information to the MPHA such as a change in family composition, new address, phone numbers, contact information, etc. Download Update pre-application