Call 911 for all police, fire, & medical emergencies
Call the MPHA
CRIME WATCH TIP-LINE
(Answered electronically 24 hours a day)
NO NEED TO LEAVE YOUR NAME
- Criminal activity
- Suspicious activity
- Concerns about your safety
- Information about crimes
- Recurring conflicts
- Safety issues
THE TIP-LINE IS NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR 911
IF THERE IS A PROBLEM REQUIRING IMMEDIATE ATTENTION CALL 911
The Tip-Line is for use by public housing residents to anonymously report suspicious and criminal activity. MPHA/MPD will check messages left on the Tip Line daily and follow-up as appropriate.
ALL CALLS WILL BE TREATED CONFIDENTIALLY
Courtesy MPHA/MHRC- Project Lookout
SECURITY TIPS FOR HIGHRISE RESIDENTS
1. Join the crime watch program Project Look-out, or to get one started. Call 612-342-1331, or look for posted meeting notices.
2. Never try to handle an unsafe situation on your own. Do not confront anyone. Call 911 for help.
3. Immediately report security and safety concerns to your building manager.
4. Do not intentionally let a non-resident follow you through the security door.
5. Only “buzz-in” your own guests.
6. Each resident is responsible for letting in their own guests. You must accompany your guest at all times except for going to and from your unit.
7. Never prop open security doors or other building exits.
8. For your own safety, keep your door locked at all times, whether you are in or out of your apartment. Check the peep-hole before opening your door.
9. Introduce yourself to neighbors and watch out for each other.
10. Get involved with your resident council or Project Lookout. Watch for meeting notices.
11. Call the CRIME WATCH TIP-LINE at 612-342-1897
12. Call 911 for police, fire, or medical emergency.